Home Seller 101 London Ontario Tips For Selling Your Home in London Ontario & Area For More!
If you don’t read any further, remember these 14-words: get as many qualified buyers to see your home for sale!
When Marketing A Home In London Ontario & Area To Sell, Don’t Do This!
One of the most significant downfalls I see when marketing a London Ontario home for sale, be it through a real estate brokerage or a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) company, is that they do the following:
- Put a for sale sign out front or in the window with the Realtor’s picture.
- Get it on MLS or some websites.
- Take pretty pictures (or doctor them)
- Make up some fancy brochures.
- Maybe run an ad in a glossy magazine one month too late, a newspaper ad ( called tombstone ads for a reason) or a more massive ad with the Realtor’s picture larger than home!
- Do An Open House (less than 1% of houses sell because of an open house)
Think About This Instead!
Who is going to buy your home? Marketing to that group, in other words, focusing on the type of buyer your home will attract, is beneficial and works! For example, if you have a four-bedroom, two-car garage house close to good schools, you would market to families, not an empty nester or single person. Or, a one-floor, two-bedroom condo in London’s upscale neighbourhood, you would not market to a family of 4!
Focus, narrow down, focus, focus, & clarify!
Most homebuyers view between 10-16 homes in London Ontario; they are very aware of other homes’ prices & conditions similar to yours. If they have a top-notch Realtor helping them, they can laser focus on the house that fits their client’s budget and criteria and not gets lost on the bling and shine on houses that do not match their client’s profile.
Focus your home selling strategy on buyers that are qualified financially, have a need for a home like yours and are serious, I call it buyers with great DNA, desire,need and ability! Hire a Realtor who knows the market, is financially & emotionally stable to market your home and solve challenges before they occur and will not tell you only what you want to hear!
Below are some helpful tips, money-saving ideas and home seller strategies to help you sell your home quicker, for more money and be stress-free! The procedures below are from my experience selling hundreds of homes successfully in London Ontario, and the area.
The purchaser’s lawyer’s role is to protect the purchaser throughout the transaction and ensure that the buyer obtains a clear title to the property. Traditionally, the purchaser’s lawyer also represents the mortgage lender’s interests in preparing and registering the mortgage documents following their mortgage commitment.
Here are 50 inexpensive things you can do to enhance the value of your home. Time and time again, when I show homes or list them, some or all of these tips would have dramatically sped up the sale or received more money. Over the years, I have found that the little things that a buyer sees may be the stumbling block in making an offer on your home. You have one chance of making an excellent first impression when a buyer walks into your home; try one or ten of these, and you will sell quicker and, in most cases, receive more money!
When you are buying or selling a home in London and South West Ontario or have been through the process, it can be daunting enough without words or phrases bantered about, and you say, “What?” Well, no more; this exhaustive list will now make the playing field level; your knowledge & better understanding of real estate will ensure that your real estate transaction will be less stressful and, in most cases, more rewarding!
Purchasing or selling a home requires more than just the buyer and seller; you’ll also need the services of a variety of home-related professionals; here are the key players in your transaction and the roles they play.
Here’s an informative guide to help you realize the most profit from your home and perhaps avoid costly repair rip-offs. Each year thousands of homeowners needlessly lose thousands of dollars when selling their homes. But they don’t lose the money for reasons you might think. They lose money because they unknowingly left it on the table, for the buyer to pocket, by failing to recognize their home’s hidden profit potential.
Those hidden profits exist in two areas. First, most homeowners never discover that particular minor, even inexpensive repairs to their existing home could generate many times their cost in additional home value. But on the other hand, other repairs and improvements can cost you dearly. It’s critical to know what repairs and improvements to spend money on and which ones to leave alone.
Second, when many savvy homeowners decide to make profitable repairs before selling, they expose themselves to some contractors’ ruthless world and potentially deceptive schemes that drive up home repair costs.
It’s easy to understand how you might become overwhelmed with the whole process between not knowing what to repair for maximum profit and dealing with the world of contractor schemes. But don’t despair! That’s Why I Created This Helpful Report
Price Your London Ontario Home Right
What price do you choose when putting your house or condo for sale on MLS? I won’t go into the debate about “free advice,” you know what I mean, your hairdresser, co-worker, Uncle Ted, who knows everything about everything, your financial advisor, or the “Free Market Evaluation” postcard or online generalities you get bombarded with every day.
Choosing a Realtor To Sell a Home In London Ontario
When selling your home in London Ontario, be it a house, apartment or townhouse condo, you have a choice of 1,900 + Realtors. Yet, we sell more homes than the average Realtor, and one of the many reasons is we have designed and implemented a 122-step process that we use every time. Getting a thorough understanding of these points will give you 100% confidence in your decision to sell your home, with whom, what to expect, and how to maximize your bottom line and minimize the hiccups!
How Much Is My Home Worth in London Ontario?
We’ve all seen the boring, plain, everyday marketing that offers free valuations without seeing your home! Or “Free Home Valuation Reports” cards in our mailboxes or the dreaded cold call “I have a buyer interested in buying your home.” A Comparative Market Analysis is a report supposed to provide an anticipated sales price or price range for the subject property.
How can anyone value your home accurately without physically seeing your home and doing the two to three hours of research necessary? Have you ever bought anything “at ” ballpark price’? or “general price range?” “The market price?” After advising & guiding hundreds of sellers to sell their homes over the years, every house or condo sold was a price we agreed on. Semantics aside, you deserve a price that willing, qualified buyers will pay.
A comparative market analysis (CMA) is a process Realtors use to determine the market value by comparing it to similar properties that have recently been sold and those currently listed for sale. A CMA is a crucial tool for listing Realtors as they determine the price that a seller will list their house or condo for sale, and it’s also a tool for buyers agents advising their clients to make competitive offers. Conducting accurate, consistent CMAs isn’t easy. Most Realtors are not taught this skill in their pre-license real estate classes, so many enter the business without this vital skill or lack the patience to dedicate the time to learn how to price a home correctly.
Our Exclusive London Ontario Home Value Analysis Is Effective
It’s a complete top-to-bottom room-by-room analysis not just of the value but every aspect of your home to identify items that may affect your sales price. Our analysis enables us to identify the selling features or what you can do to help sell quicker or receive a higher price.
Results That Will Move You!
- You let us know that you would like your condo’s no-obligation, no-cost valuation.
- Arrange a mutual time to meet.
- We will prepare for our meeting with the research on prices, demographics and current market conditions.
- You will not have to sign anything or listen to blah blah blah stuff, malarky, posturing, showcasing or verbal diarrhea.
- When we get to your home, a quick introduction and a tour of your home where we will perform a room-by-room review.
- When completed, sit down with you and address your concerns, fears or the anxiety you may have about moving.
- If necessary, review a few minor things you can do at a minimal expense to show your condo in the best light.
- Pricing your unit correctly the first time will give you a better return 9 out of 10 times.
- Why, when and where to market your home assertively to attract qualified buyers who are excited to buy!
- Understanding that there are four types of buyers in this market and why you want to avoid three of them!
- Understand the difference between Market Value, Perceived Value & Appraised Value and what effects those three will have on your asking price.
- What are your legal obligations? To your lender? To the buyer?
- How does being in a Market Shift in London Ontario affect your asking price & do negotiating skills matter?
- How to handle showings & offers to yield the best results.
- Leave with you our research and market reports and best practices to sell.
- You decide to choose us to market your home on MLS or not.
We find selling a house or a condo the easiest part of the selling process; after both parties sign the offer, we genuinely earn our fees!
- Ensuring the lawyers on both sides of the transaction are informed and followed up with during the process.
- Cooperating with appraisers, inspections, mortgage lenders
- In some cases, keeping the transaction on pace and solving challenges.
- Ensuring our 81-point checklist for closing a sale is completed sequentially.
If you decide to utilize our research and apply our marketing tips, you’ll know how to price and sell your home for the fastest, most profitable sale. Also, with this information, you’ll never pay too much for any home you ever buy for the rest of your life.
Pets and Selling Your Home
|Be “Pet Smart” When Selling Your House|
Some people don’t appreciate pets and all the sights, sounds, and smells that go with them. So, to keep potential buyers focused on your house and not your pet, follow these simple tips:
.Wash and put away the pet toys and food bowls.
. Refresh the kitty litter.
.Check your yard for doggie doo.
. Use room or carpet deodorizer.
.Send your pet on vacation during showings.
. You love your pet. But it’s your house that you’re trying to sell.