Homes For Sale Old South London & Wortley Village What's For Sale Now On MLS in Old South London
The character and charm of this great London neighbourhood attract home buyers, and the people who live in Old South love the ability to walk and shop in the Wortley Village core, with tree-lined streets and very few cookie-cutter homes.
Wortley Village is in the heart of Old South London.
Nearby is Thames Park, which provides recreational activities, including four tennis courts, playground equipment, an outdoor pool, picnic areas, and access to London’s riverside bike and walking trails. There are 80 plus small businesses and establishments. The new YMCA has proven to be quite popular and another drawing card for Old South London.
The Old South Wortley Village Business Association does an excellent job of hosting and presenting community events.
Schools: Thames Valley District School Board Website for all schools in London, updates and programs London
In 2021, as of September 2, 172 homes in Old South London, including Wortley Village, sold through MLS, averaging ten days on the market and selling for 112.20% of the asking price, the lowest $375,000 and the highest $2.050,000.
In 2021, as of September 2, nine apartment condos sold in Wortley Village in Old South London, averaging 17 days on the market and selling for 106.15% of the asking price. The lowest was $267,900; the highest was $544,900, with the average price per square foot $391.00.
In 2021, as of September 2, five townhouse condos in Old South sold, averaging 13 days on the market and selling for 103.96% of the asking price, the lowest $450,000, the highest,$630,021.
- In 2020, 186 homes in Old South London sold through MLS, averaging 7 days to sell for a median of 102.17%% of the asking price from a low of $246,000 to a high of $1,500,000. 9 condos in Old South London changed hands in the same period; the median days to sell were 19 for $103.51% of the asking price from a low of $139,000 to a high of $472,000.
As you can see, houses in Old South Wortley Village sell quickly and above the asking price! With a shortage of homes to sell, buyers must be more assertive, and for sellers, opportunity knocks!
For prior years, go to the bottom of this page.
How Much Is Your Home Worth in Old South London?
I am amazed at all the web pages out there, you know the ones I mean, they offer free evaluations without even seeing your home or the “Free Home Evaluation Reports” cards we receive in our mailboxes or the dreaded cold call ” I have a buyer who is interested in buying your home.”
How can anyone value your home accurately without physically seeing your home thoroughly and doing the two to three hours of research necessary? Have you ever bought anything “at a ballpark price’? “A general price range?” “The market price?” After helping hundreds of buyers over the years buy homes, every house or condo my clients bought had a price; we never looked at homes without a price. Semantics aside, you deserve a price that a willing, qualified buyer will pay.
So, what is that price?
Home Evaluations The Right Way
- you let us know that you would like a no obligation, no cost valuation of your house or condo
- we will arrange a mutual time to meet
- we prepare before our meeting our research of prices, demographics and current market conditions.
- You will not have to sign anything or listen to blah blah blah stuff , malarky, posturing, showcasing or bs.
- when we get to your home,a quick introduction and a tour of your home.
- while doing the tour, we can prepare a room by room audit of the selling features or what you could do to help sell quicker or receive a higher price.
- when completed, sit down with you and adress your concerns, fears or the anxiety you may have about moving.
- leave with you our research and market reports and best practises to sell a home.
- within 24 hours we will get back to you with “The Price is Right”
- you then decide what you wish to do.
If you decide to utilize our research and apply our marketing tips, you’ll know how to price and sell your home for the fastest, most profitable sale. Also, with this information, you’ll never pay too much for any home you ever buy for the rest of your life.
- Prior Year Sales
- In 2019, 229 houses changed hands in the Wortley Village, Old South London neighbourhood, from $230,000 up to $1,120,000, taking sixteen days to sell on MLS at a median of 103.13% of the asking price. Eight condominiums changed hands in the same period through MLS, a low of $152,100 and a high of $499,000, averaging eight days on the market and selling for 101.22% of the asking price.
- In 2018, Wortley Village Old South London Ontario real estate sales were robust with 196 single-family houses being sold for an average price of $404,718, 102.28% of the asking price and the median time on the market was 20 days! 13Wortley Village condominiums changed hands averaging $309,902 selling price, which was 97.46% of the asking price, condos in Old South London took about 35 days to sell.
What Improvements or Additions Can I Make to This Page?
Do you have any information or event that I could add to this page to help someone know more about this neighbourhood?
I will gladly post any information or event on this page if I feel it will benefit the community; I will not post rumours or prejudices.
Thank you, Ty Lacroix Broker of Record
- London Ontario Homes For Sale
- Byron London Ontario Homes
- Downtown London Ontario MLS
- Fox Hollow London Ontario Homes
- Hyde Park London Ontario Homes
- Lambeth Talbot Village London Ontario Homes
- Oakridge London Ontario Homes
- Pond Mills Glen Cairn London Ontario Homes
- Riverbend London Ontario Homes
- Summerside London Ontario Homes
- Sunningdale London Ontario Homes
- Westmount London Ontario Homes
- Wortley Village Old South London Homes