- In 2020, 251 houses in Hyde Park were sold through our MLS system, the lowest being $285,000, the highest $1,200,000 and taking 9 days on average to sell for a median 101.89% of the asking price! For condos and townhouses in Hyde Park, 102 changed hands from a low of $250,000 and up to $527,000 and taking 11 days to sell for 100.71% of the asking price. Both houses and condos sold for the ask3ing price or above.
- In 2019, 281 houses in Hyde Park were sold through our MLS, from a low of $238,000 and as high as $825,00000, taking about 30 days to sell for 101.65% of the asking price. For townhouses and apartment condos, 106 changed hands in 2019, from a low of $235,500 and up to $630,000, selling for 101% of the asking price.
- In 2018, 245 houses in Hyde Park sold for a median price of 102.19% of the asking price, and these took about 22 days to change hands at an average price of $429,302. For condominiums in Hyde Park, including apartment-style and townhouses, 98 sold in 2018 for a median price of $299,553, which was 101.54% of the asking price and took about 25 days to trade.
Where is Hyde Park in London, Ontario?
Hyde Park London Ontario houses & condos are located in a neighbourhood in North West London. Fanshawe Park Road West to the north Hyde Park Road & Sarnia Road centres the area and east of Wonderland Road north, all the way to the south-west corner of Oxford Road W.
Buying a House In Hyde Park London Ontario
As a home buyer in London, Ontario and the area, being your first time or your 5th, most buyers face at least one of these situations.
- You’re looking to make one of the most important purchases of your life, and you don’t want to get burned because of not knowing whom you can trust or making a mistake that could cost you thousands of dollars later.
- You think you know the values in the marketplace but are not sure. You know how much you are pre-approved for, but you don’t want to go that high. What you really would like is to be assured of getting the most that you can for your money, without having any regrets after your closing.
- You feel out of control because there are so many unanswered questions you do not have answers for, making it hard to know where to start.
Is there a more natural way? Not really! I believe these are all prime concerns because you are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars. It would be best if you were very cautious about how you proceed.
There is no need for a buyer to have this uncertainty and fear of the unknown. If you take a deep breath and get the facts and not opinions on price and neighbourhoods around London, Ontario, the home buying process will be more transparent.
Basing your decisions on logic and controlling your emotions goes a long way in ensuring the home you buy will be a wise financial decision. The hundreds of buyers we have helped sure think so because they told us.
What Price Do You Pick When Deciding To Sell A Home in Hyde Park, London, Ontario?
What price do you choose when deciding to put your house or condo for sale on MLS? I won’t go into the debate about “free advice,” you know what I mean, your hairdresser, co-worker, Uncle Ted, who knows everything about everything, your financial advisor, or the “Free Market Evaluation” postcard or online generalities you get bombarded with every day.
Below are a few things you may want to give considerable thought to:
- Not choosing the right price when a property is first listed. In other words, thinking, “We can always come down.”
- Putting the property on the market at an unrealistic price for your neighbourhood should be priced on a comparative basis to the other similar features. (I should add, everyone thinks their home is different, but buyers and their Realtor do not think so.)
- Not relating the time your house will take to sell compared to the price you want. Generally, the quicker you want to sell, the less you should be willing to take.
- It is calculating brokerage fees on top of the sales price. A home is worth what it is worth, with or without a commission.
- Thinking that buyers aren’t comparing your home, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, with every other house on the market
- Do not add up all your credit card debt, car loans, a line of credit, mortgage, that one-month luxury cruise and then $20,000 just for the heck of it, and that is the price!
There is a better way!
Over the years, helping hundreds of home sellers successfully sell their home, we designed a series of checklists, a set on pricing, a series on the process and what to expect, from start to finish, the good and the bad. Our clients love it, and I thought that you might as well.
There are little subtle things that start to add up and, if not checked in time, can mean the difference between your asking price & actual sale price and how much longer it will take your home to sell, not sell or unnecessary problems that can occur!