Byron London Ontario Area Houses & Condos
- In 2020, 322 Byron houses and condos sold through MLS, with 239 houses exchanging hands with the median days on the market being 8 and selling 103.69% of the asking price. The sold prices varied from a low of $380,000 to a high of $1.650.000. 83 condominiums sold in Byron from a low of $225,000 and up to $930,000, 12 days on the market were the median days to sell and sell for 101.7% the asking price!
The Byron London neighbourhood is experiencing a seller’s market, meaning there are very few homes for sale and more buyers than sellers, hence, multiple offers on homes.
- In 2019, 234 houses in Byron London, Ontario, sold from a low of $270,000 all the way to $1.094,000, the median days on the market was 12, and the sold prices were 100% of the asking price! For townhouses, townhomes and apartments in Byron, 77 sold from a low $177,500 up to $640,000.The median selling price for condos in Byron was 102.35% of the asking price and took an average of nine days to sell!
- In 2018, 215 houses sold in Byron for an average price of $381,454, which was $103.22% of the asking price, and these Byron houses took on average 22 days to change hands.61 Condominiums in Byron sold, including apartment condominiums, townhouses and townhomes for a median 105.46% of the asking price and the days to sell through MLS was 16 days for an average selling price of $338,839!
Byron London Ontario is in the southwest area of London, and a very sought-after neighbourhood is close to Springbank Park (300 acres along a stretch of the Thames River and has 19 miles of trails.) and the Thames River.
Boler Mountain is a ski and mountain bike area known to the locals as “the bump.” In the heart of Byron, a library, a fire hall, a legion, a Masonic hall, bistros and dining, professional offices, medical, drugstores, an LCBO, jewellers, dry cleaners and a few eclectic retailers.
Nearby are eight public and private golf courses and walking & biking trails galore, beautiful Komoka Provincial Park with its many trails and Warbler Woods Trail.
Byron’s Optimist Club is an example of community volunteers giving back to the community with activities throughout the year.
There are five elementary schools in Byron:
- Byron Northview Public School
- Byron Somerset Public School
- Byron Southwood Public School
- St. George Catholic School
- St. Theresa Catholic School.
Secondary school-age students in Byron either attend St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School or Saunders Secondary School in the Westmount neighbourhood of London or, some currently, attend Oakridge Secondary School in Oakridge.
Wickerson Rd borders Byron in South West London to the west, Southdale Road to the south, Commissioners Road to the north and Colonel Talbot Road to the east.