When selling a house in London Ontario, The first 10 days are critical and will make the difference how quickly it sells and for how much!
The most important time for a new listing in London Ontario is 2 days before it officially goes on MLS and the 8 days after!
Why 2 days before? When you and a great listing Realtor prepare and assemble all the necessary marketing tools, the following happens:
- The listing documents are completed accurately and thoroughly, no mistakes or missing information
- All the pictures are taken, edited or retaken to show the home in the best way possible way.
- Care can be taken to describe the home to prospective buyers.
- All the marketing material is ready such as feature sheets, your "Buy me" binder, your www.youraddress.com webpage and cards!
- All the websites are loaded, virtual tours are ready
- You, the home owner can do the final touch ups or any cleaning that may be required.
- The For Sale sign is up and any directional signs if needed are placed
- Extra keys are cut
Day 1 to Day 8: This is when buyers and their Realtor are searching the web for buying a home in London and certain streets for something new. When excitement is the highest. You can now:
- Be ready for all showings, have all the marketing materials and home information ready for that one buyer who loves your home!
- You have at least one weekend when historically home viewing is the busiest.
- If no serious offers, the pricing may be wrong or if not enough showings, the marketing needs to improve after 10 days!
Once day 11 starts, do something drastically to attract new buyers to your home!
The way a transaction starts is indicative on how your sale will go, quickly or a long rocky road before you sell your home.
Listing with a strong listing Realtor who has a reputation for being thorough will never do you any harm. Who uses the web properly, has a follow up system and the finances to see your property through to the final stages.
Ensure that before the sign goes up and the listing gets to the MLS, everything from the lock box, listing brochures and presentations is in place and ready to go. Make sure your listing Realtor has a system to let you view the comments and feedback about your house on a special listing website . Do they have a check list (we have 201 items on it) that they share with you before it even gets on MLS?
Do not let others get in the way of selling homes .
In summary, the most important time for a new listing when selling a house in London Ontario is BEFORE it gets on MLS.